The Balmoral State High School Touch Football Excellence Program
The Balmoral State High School Touch Excellence Program will provide students with the opportunity to develop their skills to compete at a representative or elite level of touch football. It Is open to all students entering Year 7, 8 or 9 in 2015 (including those not yet playing Touch Football), who have a high level of sporting ability. These students will get to work with teachers, Touch Football coaches and players, and gain many useful skills in tactics, game play, coaching and development.
At Balmoral, students who enter
the Touch Football Excellence
stream have a clear pathway to
success, through either a
vocational or academic pathway.
Students are supported by two
dedicated Excellence Program
teachers, with assistance from
the HPE Head of Department
and Sports Coordinator.
Students participate in a range
of sporting programs such as
inter-school competitions and
evening comps at subsidised
rates, and get to work with
experienced coaches and trainers,
industry professionals, and senior
The Program has a strong affiliation with Brisbane Touch Football and
the Brisbane Cobras Touch Football Representative Program. This collaborative approach supports the development of the coaches, players and the program at the school. The Touch Excellence Program will look to accept students at an entry level in Year 7 and 8 in 2015. To be eligible, students must be playing or have the ability to play Touch Football at a representative level.
Students must also:
- commit to training 1-2 times a week and to competition fixture times;
- Maintain a high standard of behaviour as required by school standards;
- Maintain the minimum academic grades as required by school standards.
Complete an ‘Application for Enrolment in Sports Excellence Program’ form (available on school website or from the School office), and supply either:
- Proof of representative ability at a district or regional level in a sporting field.
- Letter of Recommendation from primary school teacher (or HPE teacher) stating student’s high ability.
All applicants will be invited to the trial day scheduled for Term 4 this year.
* Students who have successfully completed Balmoral’s ‘Junior Excellence Clinic’ program are eligible for automatic acceptance into the Excellence Stream. *