Since its inception in 2014, the Balmoral Touch Football Excellence Program has developed a strong reputation in the community and forms a significant part of the tradition and culture of the school. The Touch Football program aims to offer a challenging but enjoyable program by providing students with:
- The opportunity to develop their touch football skills to a highly competitive level, in a positive and supportive environment.
- Access to expert coaching to maximise learning and performance outcomes.
- The opportunity to obtain level 1 refereeing qualifications.
- The opportunity to develop teamwork and leadership skills in a variety of settings.
- Queensland All Schools Competition
- Brisbane All Schools Competition
- Schools Touch League Competition
- Ormeau Touch Competition.
Ryan Cheesman – Bachelor of Exercise Science / Graduate Diploma of Education / Level 1 Coach Touch Football / Level 1 Referee Touch Football
Students must also meet 3 criteria to remain in the Academy:
- Aptitude in Touch Football
- Academic standards that reflect genuine effort
- High standard of attitude and behavior
Complete an ‘Application for Enrolment in Sports Excellence Program’ form (available on school website or from the School office), and supply either:
- Proof of representative ability at a district or regional level in a sporting field.
- Letter of Recommendation from primary school teacher (or HPE teacher) stating student’s high ability.
- All applicants will be invited to the trial day scheduled for Term 4 this year.